Cooking 3: Authentic Tomato Pasta!

Hello!

All my friends know that I hate everything cream-based; I don't like bolognese pasta because I dislike the creamy texture of the sauce, and I don't like using pre-mixed sauces in a bottle either because anything that can be kept on a shelf for that long can't be that great for your health anyway. So, I've decided to concoct my own tomato juice based pasta recipe, made with 100% real tomatoes!

Ingredients needed (for 1 person):
2 cloves garlic
3 British mushrooms (shitake works too I guess. Just not the dried Chinese mushrooms from you get from Shengsiong pls that's just WEIRD)
2 tomatoes
However much pasta you can eat
Onions (up to you)
Olive oil
Salt

1. Chop up the garlic, onions and tomatoes.



I personally prefer to chop up the tomatoes into smaller pieces to get more juice/sauce out of it.

2. Slice the British mushrooms! Don't use dried Chinese mushrooms because it's just weird. I've tried it, trust me.

3. Add olive oil and put the pan on low fire. Once the oil gets hot enough, fry the onions and garlic until...uhhh...got smell come out.


You can probably tell from my instructions that I clearly don't cook very well. Also, obviously don't burn your garlic la. Put the fire down to as low as possible.

4. When the garlic has turned a slight golden brown, turn off the fire and leave everything in the pan to let the flavour out. Now, boil the pasta.


Do note that your pot of water has got to be as salty as seawater. A lot of people, I find, make the mixture of not adding enough salt to the pasta and it ends up pretty soggy and gross when it's cooked IMO. We will not be adding anymore salt from this point onwards so make sure the pasta at least has some flavour here :)

Don't worry about high blood pressure, the water will all be thrown away after this!

5. Once the pasta is done, fry the tomatoes in the same garlicky pan. 


I know the mushrooms are not pictured here but throw them in as well, they will make your pasta smell a lot more fragrant! Keep frying until the tomato juice oozes out from the tomato chunks.

(I know some legit chef reading this will probably be like "WTF is this moron doing". Please forgive my shoddy cooking because my recipes are all for beginners!)


Finally, throw in the boiled pasta. Don't be afraid to add more olive oil to the pasta as this would improve the texture of the pasta!


Tadah, and we're done!


P.S. If you're wondering where the chunks of chicken came from, simply chop up some chicken thigh fillets and marinate with salt, pepper, sesame oil and soy sauce overnight. Leave it in the oven (on grill mode) at about 200 deg for 20 min!


Comments

Popular Posts